For security and privacy reasons, there are 3 types of users in Paymo.
1. Admin - has access to and can control all the company-wide data, such as:
- Financial information: accounting; project and task billing rates, hourly budgets, and costs; unbilled AR
- Client data
- Company settings
- Time entries
- Time reports
- Bookings (Team Scheduling)
- Leave Days
2. Project manager - by default, they can:
- Manage the entire project they've been assigned to
- Add, manage, and view time entries for the project team
- Add, manage, and view time reports for the project team
- Add, manage, and view bookings for the project team
- View leave days for the project team
NOTE: They cannot add projects, nor see the project billing rates, hourly budgets, and costs unless given these extra priviliges.
NOTE: If you're a project manager and someone from your project team is assigned to another project to which you're not assigned to, you can still view their availability (without the bookings) in the Team Scheduling module.
3. Regular user - is limited to the tasks they've been assigned to. That's why they can only:
- Add tasks for themselves
- Add and view discussions at a project level (under Discussions)
- Add and view files at a project level (under Files)
- Add, manage, and view time entries for themselves
- Add, manage, and view time reports for themselves
- View (but not add, nor manage) bookings for themselves
- View their own leave days
NOTE: They cannot add projects, nor manage invoices, estimates, or expenses unless given these extra priviliges.
WHAT TO READ NEXT