Full task details is a view/edit mode where you can populate your task with all the necessary details to complete it within a set of agreed requirements.
How to access the full task details
You can access the full task details in different ways from every available task view:
- List & Table view: hover over a task → click on Full task details (the square icon with an arrow in it)
- Board: click on a task card
- Gantt Chart: double click on a task on the left side or click on a task on the timeline → Task details
How to edit the full task details
Let's go through all the numbered areas to see how you can fill the task.
1. Project and Assigned Users
Under this area, you can:
- Change the project and task list the task belongs to
- Adjust the start and end date
- Assign multiple users to complete it
The billing area has to do with the manner in which you want to charge for your task.
- Choose the task billing type: time-based, flat rate, non-billable.
NOTE: By default, tasks inherit their project's billing type. While a Flat Rate and Non-billable project will render all their tasks as non-billable, a Time & Materials one will allow you to choose between the three options from above.
- Set a number of estimated hours - a.k.a. how long it takes to complete the task
- Set a task hourly rate - if project billing priority is set as task hourly rate
- Estimated price - calculated automatically (user/task hourly rate *number of estimated hours)
NOTE: In case you have a flat rate task, you can set your own task price.
- Invoiced - 0% (not invoiced), 100% (invoiced)
Set either due date or time budget alerts for when a particular threshold from the task's estimated horus have been tracked.
Comment at a task level to keep updates in context. You can even edit or react to them with an emoji once they've been posted.
Subtasks represent a way to break the task into smaller, manageable chunks. They are simple, in the sense that you can only:
- Mark them as complete/not complete
- Format the text
- Add external links
- Transform the subtask into a task once it has overgrown its scope
NOTE: You can't assign a subtask to a user, not track time against it. They already belong to the users assigned to the parent task.
6. Further task details
Under this area, you can:
- Add time for a task
- Attach a file, either from your computer or Google Drive
- Set a task priority: critical, high, normal, low
- Set a task status - a.k.a. the project stage a task corrently belongs to
- Set a recurring profile for tasks that repeat every day/week/month
The full task details also includes three distinct areas for you to view comments, files, and time entries in a compact and organized format.
NOTE: You can access each tasks via an URL in the following format: https://app.paymoapp.com/#Paymo.Tasks/TaskID
This can be useful for referencing tasks in Git commits (bugtraq can automatically generate a link to the Paymo Task details page).