With the help of this integration, you can sync all your tasks with a start and due date to your personal Google Calendar. Even change the dates and description of an event in Google Calendar, which will sync back to Paymo.
Tasks will show up as an all day event in Google Calendar, together with their corresponding client, project, task name, description, and link.
NOTE: The sync happens almost instantly. Sometimes, it might take up to 30 seconds until the data is fetched from Google’s servers. When editing an event in Google Calendar, make sure you don’t have in Paymo any full task details window open for the corresponding task.
How to sync tasks to Google Calendar
In Paymo, click on your profile (bottom left corner) → Add-ons and Integrations → Connect to Google Calendar.
Paymo will inform you upon the type of data it needs and display a successful message when the integration is complete.
The tasks will show up as all day events under Paymo - My Tasks section in Google Calendar.
- Tasks must have a start and end date in order to sync (can be the same day).
- Tasks created in Paymo will sync to Google Calendar, but events created in Google Calendar will not create tasks in Paymo.
- At initial sync, tasks with due dates in the past will not sync to Google Calendar. However, after initial sync if you change the dates or description of a task in the past, it will sync to Google Calendar.
- Recurring tasks in Paymo will sync to Google Calendar, but recurring events from Google Calendar will not sync back to Paymo.
- In order for changes in Google Calendar to sync back in Paymo, you must have editing rights for the corresponding task in Paymo.
How to revoke the integration
You can revoke the integration manually from Add-ons & Integrations → Revoke Access under the Google Calendar widget.
The integration will be automatically revoked when you:
- Change the password from your Google account
- Archive a user
- Delete your account
- Your trial has expired
NOTE: When you revoke the integration, the tasks imported will remain in Google Calendar but not sync anymore. If you decide to sync with Google Calendar again, another Paymo calendar will be created.