The Portfolio Gantt Chart acts like a project pipeline, displaying all the project timelines in a single screen. This way, you can easily decide if you should stick with the current ones on hand or take on new projects because of the open capacity.
To view all your projects in a Gantt Chart format, go to Projects → choose Portfolio Gantt Chart from the views dropdown.
On the left side of the chart you'll find all the projects collapsed. To view all their elements (task lists, tasks, and milestones), click on the dropdown button in front of each project for them to expand. These will show up as a timeline on the right side.
Above the chart you can see the timeline filter that allows you to choose how to display the timeline (days, weeks, months or years). The “fit” option will choose the right time filter in order to bring all the tasks in one screen.
Interaction with tasks
Apart the regular interactions you can find in a project Gantt Chart, the Portfolio Gantt Chart allows you to:
1. View minimal project details in a pop-up → Click on a segment
2. Access the full project → Double-click on a segment
You can also set up the critical path (the shortest time possible to complete a project) and highlight invalid links from the More button.
If you click on the top right dropdown you can toggle on/off to display:
- Task dates - To see the start and end date of a project, as well as its elements
- Project Budgets (Worked from total) - To see if you've went over the project budget or not
- Clients - To see each project's corresponding client