You can add a new project by either going to Projects → Add project.
The Quick Add button → Select project:
Or to Clients → Select a client → Projects → New project.
Once any of the two buttons is clicked, a pop-up with the basic project information will show up. From here, you'll be able to:
- Type in a project name
- Assign a client - from the Client dropdown, or add one on your own (press Ctrl/Cmd + Enter when in the dropdown)
- Add a project description - to outline the project brief or major steps
- Assign users - either as project managers (with access to the whole project team) or team members (with access only to the tasks they've been assigned to)
At this point, you could save the project and move forward to adding tasks. Or, click on More Options to access the advanced project settings like:
- Project ID - if left blank, it inherits the first capital letter from the project name and increments it in case there's another project with the same ID (example: Amazon store = AS; Apple Store = AS-1)
- Color code - to better distinguish projects between them
- Project Workflow - allows you to add a saved workflow, i.e. the logical steps a task has to go through
- Project Template - allows you to add a saved task list or project structure, without having to manually add the tasks from scratch.
NOTE: If you've saved a project template that has tasks with dependencies between them, the Reschedule Tasks field will allow you to set the project start date so all tasks are scheduled in accordance with the dependencies set.
- Billing Method - or simply put, the project type and how you wish to bill the client
- Hours Estimate - choose between Adjusted Automatically (to sum up all task hourly budgets into the final project budget) or Budget Hours (to see a finite number of project budget hours + toggle on/off an email alert when a specific threshold of hours have been tracked from it)
NOTE: By default, only admins can add projects. Project managers and regular users can add projects as well, only if one of the admins goes to Users → Select the user → Edit → Privileges and checks the Can Add Projects option to grant them this right.