After you setup your Slack integration you can take advantage of it by using these useful commands:
- Type /paymo setup to start the linking process between your Slack and Paymo accounts.
- Type /paymo me to display information about the current user, manage notifications status, or remove the link between your Slack and Paymo accounts.
- Type /paymo channel to display information about the current channel or link/unlink it from a Paymo project. The link created for each project by using /paymo channel → Link will save you time when uploading files or creating tasks directly to the project without the need to select a project.
Task related commands:
- Type /paymo add [ task name ] to create a new task. Required fields for a task are "Name" and "Project".
Then, click on Add Details to populate the task with details. Add a task description, assign it to task list, set start and end dates, assign users (only those assigned to the project are available), a task status, and priority.
- Type /paymo recent [ 3 ] to list the most recent tasks you've worked on. Default limit is 1, maximul limit is 10.
- Type /paymo search keyword to search for tasks by keyword. Minimum keyword length is 3 characters. The search will apply only to task names and descriptions.
Timer related commands:
- Type /paymo timer to show if there is a running timer.
- Type /paymo stop to stop a running timer.
- Type /paymo start to start tracking time for a task.
- Type /paymo resume to start tracking time for the last task you've worked on.
You can use regular Slack messages and turn them into tasks, task comments or files to a project. Just hover over the message → click the "..." → select the desired action.
You will receive Paymo updates in Slack in the Apps area → Paymo
The notifications that are displayed in Slack are the ones displayed in the Paymo in app notifications area. Which means you will receive notifications about task status changes, new comments, new files, new task assignments, project assignments, etc.
To get enriched notifications, click on the Show task button.
Here, you can click on Start Timer or Edit Task to run the timer or edit the full task details directly in Slack.
Files at a project and task level will show up together with their external link. In the case of an attached image, their thumbnail will be displayed as well.
If someone commented on a task in Paymo, click on the Reply button to reply to it directly from Slack.
Warnings about failed payments will be sent out as well, if your account is locked and you wish to do an action like creating a task by using Slack.