Recurring tasks are useful for repetitive type of work, when you have to do a task on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Like sending out emails or posting on social media.
How to create a recurring task
Open the Full Task Details view and click on the recurring task icon.
- How often it repeats,
- The start date,
- When it stops (either on a specific date or after a number of occurrences).
NOTE: If you want to create a recurring task that shows up today, you need to create it with one day in advance.
Once a recurring task profile is created, you can pause/start it or modify the data from the Edit Interval button.
If you make any changes to the task like set a new description, assign a new user/new date, you need to click on the Modify future occurrences for these changes to apply in the future tasks.
What you need to know:
- You can mark a recurring task as complete once you're done working on it. The task will show up in the project's Tasks area only on the date of the next reoccurrence.
- If a task is deleted and the recurring profile isn't paused, tasks will continue to be created based on that profile.
- If a task is moved to a different project, the occurrence will still continue in the old project, but not in the new one.
- The recurring profile will remember everything about the task except time entries, files and comments.
NOTE: You can't set a specific hour for when the recurrences need to show up.
NOTE: Recurring tasks are not saved by project templates.